Anyone considering building a new house will have heard someone mention structured cabling or smart wiring, and how important it is to be able to use the technologies available to us and be prepared for those that are just around the corner.
So what are we actually talking about?
The Hills Home Hub delivers and distributes data, phone, video, audio and TV signals using the latest in data and TV cables from a centrally located enclosure to specially configured wall outlets in any room of your choice. Structured cabling uses the Hills Home Hub is preferably planned at the same time as your electrical wiring. The central enclosure is home to the devices that enable the delivery and distribution of these signals. It also houses the security system central controller.
It is important to plan in which rooms you would like to access data, phone, video, audio and TV. This planning is important to you now and to the future owners of your home because it adds flexibility and value. The use of a room could change over time. A nursery now will become a teenagers bedroom, and possibly a study or home office in the future. In order to access or share these signals, cables along with wall plates, containing standard data and TV entertainment points will need to be installed.
Welcome to a day in the life of the Hills Home Hub:-
- Video distribution: Supervise your children as they play in the back yard while you’re preparing lunch. The video picture is sent from the outdoor security camera via the Hills Home Hub cables, through the central enclosure to a selected television in any room of your home, so your children can continue playing safely, even when you are not physically there to watch them.
- Phone & Intercom: With the Hills Home Hub, you don’t have to leave what you’re doing to answer the security gate or front door when the buzzer is pressed. Simply pick up the remote to select the television channel programmed for the front gate camera and see who’s there. A phone system with intercom and a gate release features can then be used to send a signal via the Hills Home Hub cables, through the central enclosure, to release the electric latch on the gate and invite your guests in. Using the phone system as an intercom, speak to a family member in another room to tell them their friends have arrived.
- Computer Network: Anyone can access the internet via a centralised server modem to surf the net from any computer in the home. You can even print from anywhere in the home.
- Multi-Room Entertainment: Keep all your video equipment in the one location with the Hills smart entertainment system and enjoy multi-room viewing and controlling of your DVD, pay TV and VCR on any television in your home.
- Distributed Music: Enjoy superior stereo sound in any room of your home with wall or ceiling mounted speakers. Using an iPod through your entertainment area sends signals through the hub to each speaker. Individual volume control can be set per speaker pair.