What is back to base monitoring?
Having back to base alarm monitoring means your family, staff and assets are being watched over 24 hours a day.
If your alarm activates your system will send a signal to the monitoring centre’s control room. Our licenced staff will immediately notify you or the appropriate emergency authority saving precious time and helping prevent loss and damage to your property.
Having your Brisbane alarm system monitored guarantees you immediate response by our control room staff, who will act in accordance with your tailored instructions.
Equipped with highly technical systems we can further identify the area or zone where the intrusion has taken place.
Back to base monitoring offers you peace of mind that your property is being protected when you are not there.
There are 2 types of monitoring available. PSTN or phone line monitoring was the most common method however with the introduction of the NBN rollout, monitoring is now moving towards GPRS. GPRS monitoring is a secure wireless IP alarm transmission system available with a running cost comparable to most PSTN alarm dialler systems. It is designed to meet AS2201.5-1992 Class 2, 3 and 4 alarm transmission systems and interfaces into any standard alarm control panel.
What is the cost?
Phone line monitoring – $88.00 a quarter (3 months):-
- Need a phone line
- Extra cost to you due to phone calls made by the panel
GPRS monitoring – $150.00 a quarter (3 months):-
- Need the GPRS transmission unit ($295.00 incl GST)
- Comes with an app to remotely arm/disarm the system from your device
- No extra cost to you – panel can make unlimited phone calls
Who is notified of an alarm system?
Depending on the signal received the monitoring centre will notify the appropriate emergency department or in accordance with your instructions.
- Fire alarm – the authorised contacts are notified and/or the fire brigade is despatched.
- Medical alarm – the authorised contacts are notified and/or ambulance is despatched.
- Hold up/duress alarm – police are notified immediately
- Intruder alarms – the authorised contacts, patrol response vehicle or the emergency services are notified.